Do you download anything from torrent sites? If yes, then you may heard about Bittorent and uTorrent software. These are the two most popular software programs for downloading torrent files. One thing that I don't like about torrent files is it's often too slow and we can't wait for the downloads to complete. So what I usually do is I download larger files in college lab PCs or in a cyber café to download those larger files so I don't need to keep checking again and again on my PC. One thing that I commonly face with those public PCs is - if someone comes and sees what files I have kept for download, then they can easily stop that current downloading file to increase their download speed or they might remove my download file. If my file completes the download about 90% and someone then removes that download, then that's bad. So today I am trying to show you how to completely hide uTorrent software and Bittorrent software from the PC while it is still in working mode. This means uTorrent and Bittorrent software will run in a hidden process and automatically starts downloading without any indication to the user.
- First install BitTorrent software in on the PC. After installing that software just run it.
- After opening BitTorrent window click on Options and in that select Preferences option or just click Ctrl+P. A new preference window will open.
- In Preferences window click General option and in that you will see both "Check association on startup" and "Start BitTorrent on system startup" options are checked by default. Now uncheck those two options.
- In the same window you will see the Boss-Key option. By default the value is None. Just click on that box and set any shortcut key to open and close BitTorrent software. For example click Alt+A key in that box to set that shortcut.
- Click Apply and OK button.
- Now just click Alt + A key (see step 4) to open/close BitTorrent software window. Now we get BitTorrent to auto start in hidden mode. To do that just follow a few more steps.
- Go to the folder where you have installed BitTorrent software and in that select BitTorrent.exe and rename it to some other name (ex: system42.exe) so that it cannot be detected in Task Manager (alt+ctrl+del).
- Now on your desktop right click and select New >> Shortcut option and then click Browse button and select the renamed BitTorrent.exe (system42.exe if you renamed).
- Now you will see the BitTorrent icon on the desktop. Select that icon and right click and click Property option. In Property window select the Shortcut tab. You will see a Target box with the value or similar. Type "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe" (or whatever you renamed "Bittorrent.exe" to).
- Now just add /hide to that box now it will look something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe" /hide
- That's it. Copy this icon to your startup folder ( All Programs >> Startup).
Now whenever your PC starts BitTorrent will run in hidden mode and automatically start downloading files without showing the icon in your system tray. To open/close Bittorrent use the shortcut key you set.
Follow the same above steps for uTorrent.